View Full Description
Distortion And Fuzz
The KMA Machines Dead Stag Fuzz/Distortion is based on the classic Big Muff distortion pedal. KMA Machines has expanded on the Big Muff's capability and produced a unit that has a very wide range of fuzz and distortion sounds with a huge potential for tonal sculpting.
Gain Setting & Overdrive Character
The Dead Stag has 2 gain levels to set the initial distortion response. It has a voicing switch that sets the character from smooth to sharp and cutting. The MUD control alters the grade of distortion, while the GROWL control sets the overall volume. This large range of dials purely affects the gain characteristics and output level of the Dead Stag, without even touching upon the EQ controls. With these dials you can choose to create thick and saturated fuzz sounds, cutting and biting distortion tones, mild overdrive crunch, and every sound setting inbetween.
The Dead Stag has an active parametric EQ that can both boost and cut your tonal frequencies. An additional boost/cut control shapes the mid-range response. This control is focused around the 400Hz and 2.4 kHz frequencies for precise control of the mid-range, allowing you to adapt the pedal to your own preferences and guitar/amp setup. These dials can create any EQ curve you desire including mid-scooped metal sounds, mid-boosted lead solo tones, bass-heavy warm saturation, or treble boosted cutting sounds.
Hidden Internal Control
Inside the Dead Stag is a hidden Q Bandwidth control that adjusts the overall EQ response for even more fine-tuning capability. It affects how wide the mid-range control boost/cut is, and lets you create a more targeted response.
KMA Machines is a Berlin-based boutique company producing high quality hand-made FX pedals. All the pedals are constructed by hand with a rigorous attention to detail. They feature unique silk-screen designs and premium components such as custom double-sided PCBs and virtually indestructible power-coated aluminium enclosures. The company has a strong interest in both modern and vintage pedals, and began life producing custom made units. Since 2013, they have gained popularity with a wide range of guitarists and bassists.
- Incredibly versatile fuzz and distortion pedal
- Parametric active EQ controls for tonal sculpting
- Internal Q bandwidth control to adjust the EQ response
- MUD controls the grade of distortion, GROWL controls the overall level
- SHAPE switch to choose between a smooth or an edgy sound
- SMOOTH/SHARP switch for upper-mids boost
- MUD control to set the grade of distortion, from fuzz through to traditional distortion clarity
- 15db CUT/BOOST of the mid-frequencies
- True Bypass switching for signal clarity
- Powder coated aluminium chassis with silk screen artwork
- Handmade in Berlin
- Type: Fuzz / Distortion
- Controls: Growl, C/B (cut/boost), Mids, Mud, Treble Bass, Smooth/Sharp Toggle, High/Low Toggle
- Bypass: True bypass
- Power: 9v DC Center Negative 2.1mm
- Current Draw: 12mA
- Dimensions: 118 x 92 x 53 (D x W x H)
- Weight: 0.35 KG