View Full Description
Use the OX app over Wi-Fi
One of the latest upgrades to the Ox is the ability to use the official OX software app over Wi-Fi. You can pair the OX with the application (via Windows 10, iPad or Mac) over Wi-Fi, allowing you to edit and save presets for maximum versatility. The OX app is available from the Universal Audio OX website for FREE.
Enjoy your tube amp at any volume level
The Universal Audio OX is the solution to enjoying your tube amp tone at any volume level. Tube amps are known for losing tone when turning the volume levels down, and they only sound their best when they are cranked up, which can leave your ears feeling broken after long periods of use.
The OX is a reactive load box that features 5 attenuverters, which allows you to reduce the volume level of your tone amp, whilst keeping the natural, harmonically-rich tone of your tube amp. This allows you to keep that tone and feel of your tube amp at a comfortable volume level. You can even listen through headphones. The OX allows you to jam in your bedroom without the neighbours complaining.
Accurate emulations and mic placement
The Universal Audio OX offers 6 presets of various guitar cabinets and mic placement so you can enjoy quickly getting a great sound to play with. The RIG knob allows you to cycle through the different presets. You can also connect the OX with your tablet or computer, which then allows you to explore a whole range of microphone and guitar cabinet emulations. It offers a ton of flexibility in the studio, providing you with perfect mic placement in a realistic studio space.
Universal Audio have created physical models of room mic position, multiple mics and various cabinets to provide you with superior sounding guitar tones. When connecting with a tablet and computer, the OX allows you to customise your guitar sound by changing microphones and their off-axis position. You can also choose the room mic. Then you can mix each of the close miked microphones and the room microphones into your sound, allowing you create a range of different tones. Conveniently, the OX software provides you with visuals to show you the cabinet, mics, and mic placement. Simply plug in your amp, adjust your mic and cab combinations, then you're ready to record or play at a comfortable level.
All-in-one recording and performance tool
The Universal Audio OX is an all-in-one recording and performance tool ideal for rehearsals, jamming, playing on stage, and recording. It can be fed into a DAW, recorder, or PA system, allowing you to enjoy the harmonically rich sound of your favourite tube amplifier at any level. The OX lets you deliver the sound you want to front of house.
This ensures you keep your beloved guitar tone from studio to stage. The Universal Audio OX creates a fully produced sound, allowing you to choose your mic and cab combo, plus shape your sound with EQ, compression, delay, and reverb. You can also set up your presets at home and add them onto the OX, allowing you to have your favourite guitar tones always on hand.
Control over Wi-Fi
The OX connects to your iPad, tablet, or computer through Wi-Fi, allowing you to enjoy a cable-free experience. With the OX app, you can control the various guitar cabinets, microphones, mic positioning, and FX. You can tweak, store and recall hundreds of presets from your iPad or Mac.
The OX allows you to create your own combinations or choose your favourites through the app, then assign them to the RIG presets on the OX, meaning you can leave that expensive computer and tablet safely at home. You will then have all the tones you need, right at your fingertips with a twist of a knob. This application is exclusive to iPad and Mac only.
- Reactive load box for tube amps
- Keep tone and dynamics of your tube amp at any volume level
- 5 finely-tuned guitar amp attenuation levels
- Built-in accurate emulations of cabinets, mic placement, and microphone choice
- Instantly audition dozens of mic and guitar cabinet models
- 6 emulation presets - front panel RIG control for instant emulations
- NEW - Use the OX software app over Wi-Fi for editing and saving presets
- Built-in world-class Universal Audio EQ, compression, delay, and reverb
- Customise cabinets, mic placement, and more with the OX app. Plus mix them for your desired tone
- Get stunning mic and guitar cabinet combinations at the turn of a RIG knob - no miking required
- Audition, tweak, and save more than 100 jaw-dropping custom rigs from compatible iPad or Mac
- Emulation that can feed into a recorder and DAW
- Play and record your tube amp in its perfect tonal sweet spot - anywhere, at any volume
- Get authentic 'edge of destruction' tones complete with speaker breakup and cone cry
- Selectable 4, 8 and 16 ohm operation
- Headphone output for silent listening
- Remote control over Wi-Fi with app on desktop or tablet
- Pair with OX mobile or desktop app over Wi-Fi for editing and saving presets
- Dimensions: 381.25 x 138.44 x 229.58mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 6.4kg
For a full list of specifications, please see the PDF manual above.