View Full Description
Precision sound for mixing and mastering
Building on the success of the Fader Series, Fluid Audio looked to create a new and unique studio monitor. The result is the FPX7 which places the AMT tweeter directly in the middle of the woofer cone. This specialised coaxial design delivers exceptional sonic accuracy, head and shoulders above conventional studio monitor designs.
The coaxial-style design is found within highly renowned monitors such as the Manley ML10l known for its ultra-accurate detail and tonal precision. The high-end sound is the result of the sound energy radiating from the same position thanks to the tweeter and woofer being so closely paired. The result is exceptional off-axis response and phase coherence.
Bi-amplified design with DSP controlled crossover
At the heart of the FPX7 is a premium-grade Class A/B amplifier. The amplifier features a large toroidal transformer, providing high-grade power delivery. This helps to make the FPX7 one of the fastest and most accurate monitoring experiences on the market. The ultra-fast and highly accurate response is further accentuated by the DSP controlled crossover. The amplifier also features a built-in standby function which conserves energy when not in use.
The intricate DSP crossover provides the perfect blend between the woofer cone and the AMT tweeter. The result is near-zero variance amplifier to amplifier resulting in the best possible sound reproduction that balances the tones.
Custom waveguide and onboard controls
The AMT (air motion transformer) tweeter is mounted to a custom waveguide created by Fluid Audio. This unique waveguide provides ultra-wide dispersion so you can find the sweet spot with ease. The ultra-wide frequency response ensures you capture every nuance from your source audio, perfect for mixing, mastering and audio/visual work. The front-loaded port helps to provide a more powerful bottom-end for directional bass response.
The front of the monitor features a built-in fader which allows you to control the monitor's volume, providing easy access. The rear of the monitor features Fluid Audio’s Acoustic Space Control. These integrated switches allow you to calibrate the FPX7 to your personal space, helping to optimise the sound for your mixing environment.
- Seamless, transparent response in a compact footprint
- 7" Composite cone, low-frequency driver with shorting ring to reduce magnet distortion
- Air motion transformer (ribbon) tweeter provides an extremely fast and accurate response
- Bi-amplified 140 Watt Class A/B amplification
- Acoustic Space Control lets you calibrate the FPX7 to your mixing environment ( 0, -2, -4db )
- Tweeter high frequency trim control ( +2, 0, -2db )
- Fader Volume control on front baffle for easy access
- Vast 42Hz - 27kHz frequency response
- Front loaded slot port for directional bass response
- Amplifier standby function to conserve energy
- Frequency Response: 42 Hz - 27 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3.5 kHz
- Amplifier Power: 140 Watts
- Signal-To-Noise: 100 dB
- Impedance (Balanced): 20 K Ohms
- Impedance (Unbalanced): 10 K Ohms
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV
- Power: 110V or 220V
- Protection: RF Interference, Output Current Limiting, Over Temperature, Turn-On/Off Transient and Subsonic Filter
- Cabinet: Painted MDF
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 310 x 216 x 264 mm / 12.1" x 8.5" x 10.5" (HxWxD)
- Product Code: FPX7